Short Story Contest Submissions CLOSE
December 7 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Des Moines Library, Kent Library, Kent Panther Lake Library, Woodmont Library
Do you have a spooky, scary, thrilling, or just bizarre short story just waiting to be written? Here is your chance to showcase your creativity and possibly win a $25 gift card! We will select Winners from the following age groups: 11 to 13, 14 to 18 and Adult.
Winners will be announced at our Stories to Tell in the Dark celebration on December 21st at the Kent Library.
How to Submit
- Turn in your typed short story, in person at any of the following libraries: Kent, Kent Panther lake or Woodmont Libraries by December 7.
- You can also email it to kcls-KentPantherLake@kcls.org.
- Include your name, age and phone number or email on the short story.
- Submissions become the property of KCLS and will not be returned.
- Stories must be 1500 words or less typed. Anything over 1500 will be disqualified without notice.
- Participants must be ages 11 and older.
- Short story content must fall with a PG-13 rating.* Please be respectful and creative in how you bring the frightening and the dark in to your writing.
- One submission per person for all locations.
*These stories are meant to be shared with the entire community, including children, so please use your best judgement when using strong language or depicting violence.